Menu

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

MARVEL STUDIOS' BIG ANNOUNCEMENT Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 Announcements THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS



So basically, Marvel Studios has invited a lot of press and fans alike to a mysterious event in Los Angeles that is probably still on going right now as I type this blog.

For those who haven't figured it out, I live in a different continent FAR AWAY from Los Angeles, so as all of these things unfold, I am at my bed quietly taking a power nap. 

But tonight I found a benefit for sleeping really early and then waking up early as well. A good friend of mine sent me a link to keep me updated on that specific event as I watch everything fall into their places, and what have I learned?

Marvel Studios is on a roll tonight!


A total of 9 movies consisting their Phase 3 act for the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I'm about to give my thoughts and opinions on this films one-by-one right now because I'm running out of ideas for intros.

First movie on the list is Captain America: Serpent Society...



nah, just kidding, Captain America: Civil War will see the return of Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors, brothers Anthony and Joe Russo (Arrested Development, Community, Captain America: The Winter Soldier DUH!), with actor Chris Evans returning as the Star-Spangled-Man-With-A-Plan and taking with him is MCU's resident armored avenger Robert Downey Jr. as.. you know.. Iron Man.

*insert duh! pic here*

Iron Man? on a Captain America movie!? Well to be honest, anything is better than an Iron Man 4 movie at this point. 

With very few heroes with secret identities in the MCU currently, it's interesting to see where will they take this specific story even as many of the comic's pivotal characters are not in Disney/Marvel's grasp, but only time will tell. Maybe some of this studios will change there, or won't.



and then an announcement was made for Doctor Strange, to be directed by Scott Derickson (Sinister, Deliver Us From Evil) starring every-fanboy-wishes-it-will-be-Benedict Cumbervatch-but-let's-be-honest-it's-still-not-confirmed and god knows who else. The film is to be released on November 4, 2016 and was suggested introducing us to the super natural side and parallel dimensions of the MCU. Not much has been announced for this one, will we see Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen? Who's going to be the villain? We'll wait and see. 



The following year will see Guardians of The Galaxy 2 or as some of friends call it the sequel to ther  ooga chaka ooga chaka movie. To be honest, this is the one I'm most confident seeing, probably because as how the first film suggested, it takes place galaxies away from where the heat is going on, so basically that alone gives this film more creative freedom than the others, but a certain Marvel movie might feature our beloved Guardians teaming up with Earth's Mightiest Heroes against a common threat, if you know what I'm talking about.

BTW, Guardians of The Galaxy 2 will see the return of director Jams Gunn and many of its cast, The film is to be released on May 5, 2017.



Taking Guardians of The Galaxy 2's original release date of June 28, 2017 is Thor: Ragnarok, starring Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston as Thor and Loki respectively. The movie is said to be "the end of all things", well atleast maybe for Thor and his godly friends (and family, maybe even his "girlfriend") and is said to pick up after Avengers: Age Ultron. I don't really have that much to say other than I hope this won't be as mediocre as Thor: The Dark World. Is director Alan Taylor returning though? They don't know so I don't know, but we'll see.



Finally, a Black Panther  movie to be released on November 3, 2017 (MCU's last film for 2017), starring Chadwick Boseman (42). Did anyone see this casting coming? If so, raise your hands, anyone? Exactly! To me this is a biggest surprise. I don't want to speculate too much on this one, I want my mind clear of speculations and expectations for this film, and just let this concept art here sink deep inside my brain as it should...

Let that sink in.

Moving on is Captain Marvel and The Inhumans to be released on July 6 and November 2 of 2018 respectively. 




You might be asking, why are did I put this two together? Well, these two happens to be fillers between Marvel's first two-parter film (or event). Captain Marvel maybe Marvel's answer to WB/DC's Wonder Woman and The Inhumans as replacement for X-Men which are on Fox? Maybe. No directors, writers and actors are announced as of the moment.

And then finally, the biggest event of Phase 3. An event so big they have to divide this film into 2 movies, Avengers: Infinity War..


Much like WB/DC's Justice League, Marvel Phase 3's biggest finisher is a two-parter. Other than the fact that this film will be based on Marvel Comics' The Infinity Saga, but knowing Marvel Studios I'm in for all changes and surprises. So like most of this films, I will clear my head for any speculation, but my expectations are off the roof, and I live in a very tall house. Part 1is to be released on May 4, 2018 and then Part 2 will be released on May 3, 2019. 

Now this is how you make an announcement!


So that's it, Marvel's 10 biggest upcoming movies. Are you guys excited to see all of them? Maybe just some of them? Are you happy we'll be getting 20 SUPERHERO FILMS IN TOTAL from Marvel Studios and WB/DC (excluding other franchises)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

More News Around The Net